Job Title: Senior UI/UX Designer
Department: IT & Digital
This position requires an individual who is passionate about design aesthetic. The candidate will create impactful digital platforms that complement the digital transformation journey at g&m. He/she will participate in projects that play a major role in shaping how our customers interact with us. The projects include customer-facing website and portal to acquire and retain potential and existing customers. The candidate will understand business requirements, and create UI/UX to provide the best possible user experience. He/she needs to have strong design skills and philosophy, as well as capable of converting the design into implementable UI components. Reports directly to IT and Digital Manager.
A day in the life:
- Create unique digital platforms and services with team members to engage users with valuable experience in the insurance landscape
- Translate complex user needs, style guides, and business requirements into simple and elegant website features
- Conduct UX research, analyse the results and translate into better design
- Propose designs that result in the best possible user experience and is technically feasible
- Design user flows, wireframes, interfaces and prototypes in an iterative manner
- Work with developers and UIUX designers to ensure quality of output, and participate in continuous user testing
- Collaborate within a team comprised of diverse and complementary skills
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images
- Conduct research on user behaviour and create surveys for users
- Launch several iterations of a design to see which works best
- User-first mindset — lots of empathy, advocacy, and a passionate drive to do what’s right
- Guide junior UI/UX designers to achieve deliverables and objectives.
What you need:
- Diploma or degree in Graphics Design, User Experience, Graphics Communication, Computer Science or relevant fields
- At least 6 years of experience in designing web / mobile products
- Experienced in designing for mobile, tablet and desktop responsive designs, basis on mobile first approach.
- Experienced in design tools like Sketch, Photoshop, illustrator or InDesign, and/or other related software
- Experienced in using platforms like Adobe XD to create animations that portray strong UI flow
- Experienced in creating interactive prototypes
- Proven work experience as a senior UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Good understanding of front end UI development stack to translate the design into real implementation.
- Good understanding of design philosophy and user experience design
- Eye for visual aesthetics and attention to details
- Team player and able to work collaboratively with other members in team
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple assignments with tight timelines
- Able to manage different stakeholders including business users and development who may have conflicting priority and constraints within a project.
- Please provide your portfolio in addition to your resume. It can be attached softcopy or an URL
What we offer:
- Centrally located office in Shenton Way, connected to Tanjong Pagar MRT
- Flexi working hours for employees with commitments
- An office environment that is designed to be comfortable
- Regular company and team outings
- Accommodative time off program
- Comprehensive Medical coverage
We believe that happy employees are the most productive employees. And that has always been our motto for the office environment.